Counterbore Model Honing Plates (Torque Plates) CB
The Counterbored or "CB" Model precision Honing Plate is popular with machinists who want to bore with the honing plate installed and utilize a portable or deck mounted type boring bar.
The BHJ CB Model incorporates all of the standard features, plus, has counterbores machined on it's top surface at the head bolt hole locations leaving a flat deck surface when used with bolts and washers provided. Use of the same style cylinder head gasket that is to be used during final engine assembly is necessary during the honing operation.
Standard Features include:
- 1-3/4" thick Meehanite cast iron or tooling plate billet aluminum give maximum rigidity and resistance to permanent distortion and most closely simulate the stresses induced on the cylinder wall by the cylinder head when it is torqued in place. In addition, these materials have essentially the same coefficient of expansion as cylinder heads; important to those who hone at operating temperature.
- Cast Iron and Billet Steel plates are blanchard ground on both sides flat and parallel within precision commercial tolerances.
- Manufactured .090"-. 095" larger than the largest standard engine bore diameter found in the applicable engine family in most applications, allowing the plate to accommodate .060" over bore. This maintains full gasket firing ring compression, thus further enhancing bore distortion. (Special bore diameters available upon request.)
- Head bolt holes are precision drilled to factory tolerances.
- Clearance holes drilled for locating dowels. (Indexed, or "Dialed-In" dowel holes available upon request.)
- Shipped in a protective wooden case.
Counterbore Model plates are not available for purchase on HoningPlates.com. Please call to order.
Click here for a current list of Honing Plate engine applications.